IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM SOS MARINE as many marine rescue teams speak of how hard their duties are informing families of their tragic loss of lives on the water and see that it all could be avoided by wearing a working lifejacket. These rescue teams serve our communities by giving of their time to respond to emergency at any time to save our families.
Let us all improve safety and wear a working lifejacket. A lifejacket may well be your last line of defence against drowning and it is all very well donning a lifejacket but on our inspection a startlingly large percentage of lifejackets would not have worked properly or at all if needed.
Please view some of SOS Marine`s servicing department lifejackets found in shocking conditions;
- Lifejackets that are just neglected with rusted cylinders that would not save lives
- No automatic firing cap and Manual puller hidden away, lifejacket not packed correctly
- Incorrect cylinder used
- Incorrectly assembled operating mechanisms
- Operating mechanisms with pieces missing
- Damaged bladders
- Rips, tears and burns
- Out of date lifejackets
- Rotting, damp and mouldy
- Used and never re-armed jackets
- Loose or detached CO2 gas bottles
- Even holes created by pin badges being worn!
Your life jacket it is a piece of safety equipment that needs to be maintained
- Have your Life Jacket serviced annually drop it off at a Service Point and your lifejacket will be serviced
Photos default lifejackets:
Oil & Dirt
Not Service Annually
Missing Inflation Catridge or Bobbin
No manual puller, it was hiden inside(incorrect packing)
Knotted and Trapped Manual puller
Very dirty and Rusty